Texas Commission on Environmental Quality Guidelines for Outdoor Burning
To Do List
- Notify the Randall County Sheriff’s Office (468-5751).
- Notify the Randall County Fire Department (477-1750).
- Burn only allowable trash (see “Never Burn” list below).
- Make certain the winds are calm.
- Have a water source available.
- Create a traffic hazard: make sure that smoke doesn’t blow across roads.
- Burn after dark.
- Burn anything that may create excessive smoke or toxic fumes such as tires,
- plastic, or shingles.
- Burn trash or anything else from a business.
- Cause a nuisance: make sure you don’t smoke out your neighbors.
- Leave the burn unattended.
- Burn anything during a Burn Ban or Red Flag Warning.
- Electrical Insulation
- Treated lumber (such as construction or demolition waste)
- Heavy oils or asphalt materials
- Potential explosive materials or chemicals
If you have any questions on what you can burn please check the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality website.